Friday, January 27, 2012


So the first month of 2012 is almost gone. I had such great plans to be super productive and to update the blog with cards and projects and some cool classes.
Funny how life has a way of changing your plans. On the morning of January 9th, my best friend and love of my life had a heart attack. After rushing him to the hospital, he needed to be airlifted to a bigger hospital in the city.

By the time I got the house, kids and chickens organized and made it to the hospital all was well and he seemed better. We spent a week in the hospital and have now been home for 2 weeks. Things are slowly returning to normal.....or as normal as our house can be.
I made this card for my sweetie. We do not really celebrate Valentine's Day, or am I really a heart crazy person. But a Heart seemed appropriate this year. Our 21st anniversary will be February 2nd so this is our anniversary card. I am truly grateful that he is here to share these days with me.
I used a new set from the occasions mini called Take it to Heart 125522.
Materials for card
card stock : Riding Hood Red, Black and Whisper White
Ink: Classic Black
Background stamp: French Script
Stamp sets: Take it to Heart 125522
Loving Thoughts 125845
Ribbon: 3/8th inch Pleated Satin Ribbon (Riding hood Red)
also used vintage wallpaper embossing folder and sticky strip.

Also used were the new Framlits dies. These are a must have and so easy to use. You get 6 sizes to a package and it comes in a great storage envelope as well. One set is hearts and the other set is labels. Awesome new product from Stampin'Up!

Want a mini or Saleabration flyer let me know!

No comments: