Wednesday, October 29, 2008


I was asked to create a CD Holder for a workshop on Monday night. These are super simple and fun to do. You only need a sheet of 8 1/2 by 11 paper.

So gather the needed supplies: Glue dots, Paper cutter, scoring blade or do what I did and use the Scor Pal. You will also need one 8 1/2 by 11 piece of card stock, scrap piece of card stock, 1 1/4 inch circle punch and 1/2 a velcro dot.


Step 1: Trim your 81/2 by 11 sheet of card stock to 7-7/8 by 11. I then cut this sheet of paper along the 7-7/8" edge to 3by11 and 4-7/8 by 11.


Step 2: Score the 4-7/8" piece of card stock along the 11" edge 3 inches from each end.

Score the 3 by 11 piece at 21/2" and at arrow after the 7 (on the scor pal) I think that would be approximately 7 1/4". You can also place a cd on this paper and fold it to fit. I wanted clean lines in my folder with no pieces coming out the sides.


Step 3: Adhere flaps on 3 " piece with glue dots and glue into cd holder. If desired you can trim a small strip off this piece so when you glue the other flap up nothing overhangs.


Step 4: If desired you can use your circle punch to take a 1/2 circle punch out of the pocket area. This is not necessary though.


You may now decorate the front of your holder. I rounded the corners on the back flap, you can use velcro to close the back flap or invent another cool closure.

No comments: