Monday, November 24, 2008

I Really love the new Felt Flurries from the Holiday mini. At first I wasn't sure I'd use them, but I absolutely love how versatile they are. I have used them for cards, gift tags, on candles and of course on this wreath.
For this project, I used a circle of plain chipboard. I covered it in crystal effects (love the stuff) and covered that in the chunky glitter (crystal iris). While I waited for it to dry, I assembled my snowflakes. Using the all three colours from the package. I used a large crystal brad in the center of each flake. I also assembled some using the 1/2 back pearls from the pretties kit. They looked great too. I attached the finished flakes to the wreath using pop dot's. I finished it off using the gorgeous ribbon from the mini, the wide grosgrain ribbon in Riding Hood red and vanilla.I added this close up picture so you could see the glitter detail. It glints so softly when light hits it. This was a really quick and easy Holiday project, that the whole family can do together. It really got my girls into the snow mood.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

that's AWESOME!!! I wish I'd seen it before Christmas!

thanks for sharing.
Suzanne