Thursday, August 30, 2007

I've been bitten by the bug!

The scrap booking bug that is, I have never scrapped before aside from a couple of 6x6 about me pages. But I took some great pictures on our recent camping trip and decided to give it a go.
I am still trying to figure out the camera thing. But I think it needs to be viewed as a 2 page spread. I am so happy with how this turned out, granted it took me 3 days to finish it but I am proud of it. I used the photo corner punch from SU! and coated the cut outs in crystal effects and then pored sand on them. I love the texture they provide. I used the in colours from SU!, river rock and blue bayou.....I can't say enough about these colours.
I love the photo's of Andrew i took. It was a magical beach and the light was just perfect for the photo op.



I look forward to returning to the beach, next year!

The lighting for these pics is not great. LOL But I love the photo's just the same. My camera has a broken shutter button and I have not been able to have it repaired. So some of my pictures turn out blurry. I printed out the picture of Laura and her Dad in sepia too. It looked very nostalgic.

I had to keep piece and scrap this picture of Charlotte. I took the picture of her through a tree trunk. I like how it turned out. I am going to work on getting more scrap type items. I really enjoy this.....the kids enjoy helping to design their pages too. I am also going to jump on the trend wagon and try digital scrapping too!

Right now I am researching 12x12 printers and scanners. More for my ever growing wish list!

4 comments:

Dorinda said...

Fabulous pages!

Jen said...

Lisa, these pages are wonderful!!!! You definitely need to keep scrapping!!!

Nicki said...

Your pages are beautiful!!! Fabulous Job!!! Hope to see more!!

Stampin' Meg said...

These are some of your first LO's? Wow- you are a born scrapper- go for it!