Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Today is Tuesday........well I think it is. LOL I have had my kids home ill and can hardly wait to get them back to school.


But Tuesday means colour challenge day over on SCS. I haven't done the challenges for a couple of week's, stamping and children underfoot, do not go well together. (Who'd have guessed?)


The colours today were Certainly Celery , Cool Caribbean and Elegant Eggplant. These are so pretty together, I decided to have a go at it.




Here is what I put together in these colours, hoping to use this a few more times. I was trying out my new spring Set's.



I really like this new alphabet........I hated mounting mind you, but I think it will be seeing a fair bit of use. I love the new doodle sets, but I am still somewhat unsure what to do with them. My table is covered with pieces that I couldn't put together. lol

But I am not going to give up.

For this card, I ran the background piece through the cuttlebug, then punched out the hole for the sentiment. I have some ribbon that matches so well that I had to use it! ( well a little bit of it anyway!) I stamped the main image and ran my aqua painter around the edges. I like how it turned out....but the paper still looked too white, so I used the DTP method and gave it some hope.

Very simple, but that is how my brain is working right now. :)

3 comments:

Debbi (no 'e' on the end) said...

really nice cards. I have a great way to put all your stuff to good use & therefore quiet your DH up. I am looking for people to donate cards to our troops & was hoping you might be interested. If you would then please check out my blogger for information. Thanks.

Karen said...

These are really cute Lisa! I miss you!

Jen said...

Beautiful Lisa!