Saturday, January 23, 2010

Well I know that today is Saturday and not Friday, and that I missed Thursday completely. LOL I will do my very best to put up something new everyday, but with kids, pets and a husband, some days I don't get anywhere near the computer.
So today I am taking you back in time to introduce you to Focus Friday.

On Focus Fridays, I will be presenting an item from the catalogues and presenting ways to use it. I find sometimes though I have been over and over the catalogues I sometimes miss a set or product and think "Aha, that's what I have been looking for".

So today I am going to present to you one of the new Clear Mount Sets.



These sets come in a DVD case for easy storage, have a picture of the set on the front and the spine for identification. The sets are still the red rubber that you know and love, but now with cling mount so you can use clear blocks and save space. They come the same as wood mount sets but instead of putting them on the wood you put an image sticker on the back. I love this new option and won't be acquiring any more wood mount stamps. Hooray for organization.

This card I call a Faux Belly Band card, the original Creator of the card calls it an accordion card. I did CASE this card, I mean it was too wonderful to not case it. The original Creator was BJ Peter's and I learned how to do it from fellow demo Tami White who was sweet enough to share.
I changed colours and punches, ect but it is pretty close to her original.



The inside of the card hides the friend's sentiment and you will see it when you open the card. I really love fancy fold cards, I think it just takes cards to the next level.
This set is called Vintage Vogue and it has a jumbo wheel that goes with it. I really love the vintage sets and I am thrilled to be able to let you know this set will carry over to the next idea book.



This is just a close up of the band, I used the masking technigue and will continue to reach for this set. I just love it, it lends itself to all kinds of cards and colour schemes.
I hope you enjoyed your trip back in time.

1 comment:

Chanda said...

This is beautiful! Love the color combo!

Chanda Stehlik
www.BellevueStampingClub.blogspot.com