Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wow, welcome to Wednesday. It is a very cold and snowy day here. Perfect for working away on something I've been meaning to do foe years. That would be scrap booking. Preserving memories for my kids and grand kids. So that things that are important to me, will hopefully mean something to them. So on Wednesday's I am going to share scrap booking pages, tips and hints.

This page means alot to me, because without these people I would not be here. They are my paternal grandparents and although I never got the chance to know them. (My grandfather passed many years before I was born and my grandmother had Alzheimer's and never knew who I was but enjoyed my visits)

How I wish I could have know them through more than stories. But I can enjoy the few photo's that I have.



This was taken on their wedding day in 1910. I am still trying to find out more details and hopefully with my sister playing Sherlock Holmes and me finding my inner Nancy Drew we should be able to get more info assembled.

Some cool things about the layout is I used the new paper from the Occasions mini catalogue called Sending love (117153) what I love about this paper is it is glittered. It is so beautiful, I can't wait to use it again.
I glittered the letters from the tag with black chunky glitter. I love the combo of black with pink. The word's Wahre Liebe means true Love in German.
The birds are from a punch also new (117191) and I glittered the birds wings.

What I love most about scrap booking is that it is so personal. You can do what you like and it's all good.


The above photo is just a close up of the journal block. My sister just supplied me with the info so I can now finish the page.



(click picture to see more detail)
These are few pic's of the glitter paper. If you love bling this paper is for you. I love glitter, usually my kids are pointing out that I am covered in it. No mess with these papers.

No comments: