Wednesday, October 11, 2006

This is the card I did for the sketch challenge on SCS. I love this sketch. I had this perfect paper. Of course it all would have been gone if i could have found it for the top secret project I was working on yesterday. (to be unvailed in Nov.)
Anyway I love how this turned out. I started with a true thyme card. (41/4 by51/2) then used noel stripe paper by wild asparagus. The backing of this paper is a solid khaki colour. On the fold I covered the khaki colour with the noel paisley paper. I had scraps left after my cricut had been at it!
I matted this on a piece of cranberry crisp paper.
I took a clear button and by using crystal effects adhered a circle of khaki to it. Then tied it with cute ribbon.
I punched squares of the reverse paper and stamped the sentiment on natural ivory.
To finish it off, I topped it with a Prima natural Daisy. I love these flowers and I am starting to run low on them. Guess I will be doing some prima shopping. :)

5 comments:

Teresa said...

This is gorgeous, Lisa!!! I *have* to get that paper!!! Love it!

Karen said...

very pretty! IU love the layout and patterned paper. Great card Lisa

Jennie said...

I love those colors :) Beautiful use of the sketch, Lisa!

Alli said...

This is just beautiful, you rock!

texasjodylynn said...

GORGEOUS! That paper and flower are WOW!